November 25, 2015

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is four days of family, food, relaxation, and no gift-giving pressure. I refuse to participate in the insanity of Black Friday. In fact, unless it is to visit family I make it a point to not leave the house. 

My life is blessed. I know that and I thank God everyday for it. I also know it could be taken away from me, or someone I love, in an instant so I take no precious moments for granted. It is truly a satisfying journey through a retirement life.




I wish for you and your family a happy, joyous, and peaceful Thanksgiving weekend. Whatever your circumstances you have something to be thankful for. Dwell on that for awhile.

If you have a special Thanksgiving memory, or someone you want to wish an extra-special weekend, here's your chance!




8 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving was celebrated here in Canada more than a month ago on Oct 12. We set aside a day to give thanks yet it serves me to give thanks daily for things big and small, some things tangible, some not. Black Friday advertising extends north of the 49th parallel. It's analogous to the Boxing Day sales that abound here. There's an advertisement on tv that makes reference to the spirit of the season being spelled l-o-v-e not s-a-l-e. I like that. happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada's Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) has nothing to do with two men (or women) hitting each other in the face with gloves, but named after a tradition of household servants and tradespeople getting Christmas boxes from their employers....a nice tradition. I imagine it is now a chance for stores to sell all sorts of stuff that didn't make it off the shelves for Christmas.

      Happy holidays, Mona, and to everyone no matter when you celebrate them.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Bob. Enjoy the day with your family! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindi. The best to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Bob, thank you for the kind book review in your black banner above. I agree, if there's one book anyone should read about retirement, it should be "Living a Satisfying Retirement," which I have on my kindle. Only If someone wants to read two books should they then turn to "You Only Retire Once." Have a happy Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next book is due out this Spring. We will make it three that need to be read! Have a great holiday.

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Betty!!

    ReplyDelete

Inappropriate comments will be deleted