While I have never done so before, in my quest to shake my feelings of being stale and stuck, I thought this might be a good time to actually pick a word and see what happens.
So, I did. For 2015 my word is: Move.
The dictionary definition of move is to change or cause to change from one state, opinion, sphere, or activity to another.
That one word is speaking loudly to me in several different ways:
* Move physically. My body needs more exercise , more stimulation and stretching of what I think I can do. Laziness is the enemy.
* Move Literally. Will this be a year I change where I call home? Maybe, but the reasons have to be compelling and have legitimate motivations and definable results.
* Move mentally. Push myself to keep learning something(s) new...but what?
* Move spiritually. My faith needs to be made more active..but how?
* Move the walls of my self-built box back a bit. Life require pushing against restraints, self-imposed and otherwise. What potentials have I left on the table so far. What mini Berlin Wall needs to be knocked down?
Now that I have the word I have a path forward. Part of it is spelled out above, but much of that path still needs to be uncovered. I must bring specifics to the generalizations.
I think I just found the basis for a few upcoming posts on this blog. But, for now, I will take some time to focus on the word and see where it moves me.
|The only way to see where the road leads me is to move from where I am standing now|