July 23, 2012

A Work in Progress

In late May I wrote about my next book on building your satisfying retirement.  After excellent suggestions from you, the BRITW (best readers in the world), I am going to the source: people how have retired or are close to that magic day. A series of questions will be answered by all those included in the book. As I noted in the May post, the book will feature the good, bad, and everyday nature of what makes up this journey. I have a target publication date of this fall.

So, inquiring minds want to know: what is going on with the project? A lot, actually. The first series of questions have been sent to those who originally accepted my invitation to participate. I have asked that those questions be answered and returned to me by early August.

At this point I am putting out a call for more folks wanting to be part of the project. I  know I will be a little short of responses from those who haven't retired yet, but are planning for it and have a tentative date in mind. Also, I could use another 6-10 folks who are already retired. So, if this description fits you and you'd like to be part of the project, now would be a great time to drop me an email with the following information:

Name
Age
When do you plan on retiring or how long ago you did retire 
What part of the country (or foreign country) you live in.


Everyone included in the project will get a free Kindle or PDF copy. All participants will be protected with an alias. If you have a blog or web site, that information will be listed in the appendix at the end of the book so your alias is protected.

Next, will be the editing job of pulling together all the information in a format that will give the questions a few pages each to showcase everyone's answers. After that is done, I will write a summary of the important similarities and differences the answers reveal.

Finally, will come the design of the cover and the conversion of the text into a format approved by Kindle and a PDF version. If you are wondering why I don't also produce one for the Nook or other readers, my agreement with Amazon is an exclusive one. Since any Kindle book can be download to any PC that shouldn't cause anyone major problems.

With Building a Satisfying Retirement well over 2,000 copies sold or given away for both editions, the time seems right to bring something fresh to the table. I am excited about the content of this new, as yet unnamed, book.

A sincere thanks for your support and participation. The book is definitely a work in progress!

Don't forget, if you'd like to be part of the book, send an email with the requested information today!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to be part of this project, but mainly I'm commenting to say that I absolutely loved the last post about the commandments of retirement! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Galen. Glad you liked the 10 commandments and I'm very happy you will be in the book!

      Delete
  2. I volunteered under separate email, if you need me. Thx!

    ReplyDelete

Inappropriate comments will be deleted