- Lose your sense of purpose and passion for living. If you simply settle for how things are, you are not truly living. You are existing. We are created to move froward, change and develop. A life that doesn't have a purpose is stagnant. A life that doesn't have a passion for something is missing an opportunity to grow and ultimately risks being unsatisfied and unhappy.
- Don't strengthen relationships that mean the most to you. Make no mistake, building and keeping an important relationship takes work. Whether it is a spouse, good friends, a parent, or child, a loving connection is essential to a happy life. If you are not willing to work at that relationship it will not bring you as much happiness as it could.
- Worry about stuff you can't control. It is amazing how much of our life we spend fretting about things that have already happened and can't be changed, things that may happen but haven't yet, and things that are happening now that may have a negative outcome. Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. Worrying leaves you stressed and accomplishes very little.
- Ignore your health. This seems so obvious, yet our culture struggles with bad health habits. Obesity, diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, the list of problems that may be caused by poor physical health habits is endless. Why does our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it? Certainly there are many who can't resolve physical challenges, regardless of all they do. But, for those who could live a healthier lifestyle and choose not to, the risk to your long term contentment is great.
- Hang around unhappy people. We tend to become what we think about most. Just as true, we can adopt some of the attitudes of the the people we spend the most time with. If you know someone who is unhappy by choice, gripes a lot or complains about everything, avoid them, or help them change. Whenever possible, choose to spend your time with people who are supportive and positive in their outlook. It will rub off.
August 12, 2010
5 Things That Can Make You....Unhappy ?
Why would anyone want to look at a list about being unhappy? What good could possibly come from looking at this list? Actually, quite a lot. If you think about some of the things that can make people unhappy, maybe you can chose to not do those things, and be happier as a result.
Posted by Bob Lowry